If you’re a General Practitioner who wants to know more about IVF4family and to understand how you can refer your patient to IVF4family, you’ve come to the right place!
IVF4family is owned and operated by Care Fertility. It is at Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane. We want to help more people have the chance at conceiving a baby, which is why at IVF4family all the major IVF costs are bulk billed. Learn about what costs are involved in each step of our IVF process.
At IVF4family, we believe not everyone needs IVF to conceive a baby, which is why patients must see an affiliated gynaecologist before becoming a patient at IVF4family. We also have criteria which the patient must adhere to. These include:
1. the female must be under the age of 42 and have a BMI of under 35 kg/m2.
2. the couple should not require a donor or preimplantation genetic testing.
To ensure the patient is eligible to be a patient at IVF4family, the patient will require the following investigations;
• a pelvic ultrasound performed on day 2-4 of the menstrual cycle
• a cervical screening test
• antenatal screening tests on the female which include serology for rubella, varicella, hepatitis B and C, HIV and syphilis, thyroid function tests, blood group and antibody screen, B12 and folate, ferritin levels
• a semen analysis from the male partner.
These can be arranged by you and copies provided to the patients.
The next step is to refer them to a affiliated gynaecologist. These are:
Dr Stephen Cattanach - Mater Medical Centre
Dr Ken Law - Greenslopes Private Hospital
Dr Brad Armstrong - Greenslopes Private Hospital
Dr Clare Boothroyd - Greenslopes Private Hospital
From then the gynaecologist will assess your patient to ensure that other treatments have been implemented (to increase the chance of a spontaneous conception for example) and that the patient suitable for treatment through IVF4family.